Thursday, February 21, 2008

What it's NOT

Well friends, we have determined that the various issues I deal with on a pretty regular, if not constant basis are NOT related to my thyroid. I guess I should be happy that I don't have a thyroid problem, but it sure would have been an "easy fix". One little pill, one happy Amy... Now we're just continuing to get me off of the Lexapro and into a more stabilized routine.

I hate panic. I hate anxiety. I hate fear. I hate phobias. I hate not being "normal" (spontaneous, able to go anywhere without a second thought...). It's frustrating.

I have a very good friend getting married in March. His family and mine grew up together and his siblings and mine have always had a great friendship. I'm so excited and honored to be playing piano for his wedding (and it's at home so it will be fun to see so many I've not seen for over a year!). This is going to be a challenge for me - I've not done much public performing lately due to the increase in panic and anxiety. But I am excited. My friend and his bride introduced me to an artist I didn't know - Eric Schrotenboer. Beautiful, simple, lovely musician. At that link you can hear his piano music - the processional at the wedding will be "All Creatures" - I'm excited to work out the piece of music (since a copy doesn't exist) and prepare it. One of my favorite hymns! Feast on these lyrics this evening:

All creatures of our God and King
Lift up your voice and with us sing,
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Thou burning sun with golden beam,
Thou silver moon with softer gleam!

O praise Him! O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou rushing wind that art so strong
Ye clouds that sail in Heaven along,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou rising moon, in praise rejoice,
Ye lights of evening, find a voice!

Thou flowing water, pure and clear,
Make music for thy Lord to hear,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou fire so masterful and bright,
That givest man both warmth and light.

And all ye men of tender heart,
Forgiving others, take your part,
O sing ye! Alleluia!
Ye who long pain and sorrow bear,
Praise God and on Him cast your care!

And thou most kind and gentle Death,
Waiting to hush our latest breath,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou leadest home the child of God,
And Christ our Lord the way hath trod.

Let all things their Creator bless,
And worship Him in humbleness,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Praise, praise the Father, praise the Son,
And praise the Spirit, Three in One!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen that
5th verse before. It's a good praise setting of a difficult topic. Thanks for sharing!
~Sarah