Monday, June 14, 2010

Sinus Pressure, Silly Infections, and Savings Fun

1) Sinus Pressure
I'm not a fan
2 weeks
Today I got some mean antibiotics to hopefully fix the problem

2) Silly Infections
Again, not a fan
Sometimes when you get a sinus infection your eye can also become infected
More mean antibiotics for the eye too

3) Savings Fun
We're in the midst of Financial Peace right now!
It's super great!
We had finished Baby Step #1 ($1000 Emergency Fund), but then the computer died and we deemed that an emergency
Anywhoo... this weekend we did our first big, nasty budget. It wasn't too bad!
We also lowered our internet cost by around $15 just by slowing the speed from the same company.
We're waiting for our phone line to be ported - again saving us around $10-15 a month by going back to a local land line instead of VOIP - which is fine as we are already paying for WAY too many minutes on the cell that we rarely use
YAY
I've put up all the earrings, necklaces, and bracelets I've made over the last 1.5-2 years on my Etsy shop and already had a few sales!
I've sold old Pampered Chef products I don't use now that I'm not a consultant via Ebay.
I'm searching for a data entry home job
Mike's thinking about a morning stocking job at a local shopping establishment
WE CAN DO THIS

1 comment:

Andrew and Rachel said...

Sorry you've not been feeling well. Hope it resolves quickly now with meds.

We love FPU! It has been a life changer for us. I think we did it about 2 years ago and we are still plugging along (nothing happens too fast on 1 income), but slow and steady is better than just treading water, or worse yet, debt.