Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Phew

5 Days of Company...

2 Days of Recuperation...

Ahhh... Today was a great day.

I guess that when I've exhausted I feel super sick now. Perhaps that's the baby... perhaps it's me... I don't know. But I'm glad that Monday/Tuesday are past now!

After talking to a friend who uses cloth diapers and reading the week long special on cloth diapering at Baby Cheapskate, we decided to go for it. I've ordered 6 diapers and have received one so far. The savings is just too good to pass up. Although I dislike laundry, I don't think this will be horrible. Actually, I don't mind DOING laundry, it's really more in the folding/putting away that I find my dislike. So, I'll just have a nice basket for diapers - that's not much folding, right?!

My mom took home my two curtains for the nursery - she's going to cut them and hem them - they were just too long for the windows in the room. When I get them back, it will be time to actually start getting ready.

We still don't have ANY big things for baby. Well, that's not true. Joelle brought her bassinet - she doesn't need it anymore and so it's moved to my house. So, there is SOMEWHERE for Baby L to sleep. I also have 1 crib sheet, 2 blankets, 6-7 newborn and 0-3 outfits, 2 boxes of Pampers 1's (yes, I know, cloth diapering... but not at first...), a bag of Pampers wipes, 1 cloth diaper (5 more on the way), 14 cloth wipes (10 or so more on the way), washable nursing pads, and some Nipple Cream... How's that for having only 88 days left until my due date?!

My Uppercase Living show closes up this weekend - then I'll be ordering something for the nursery wall :) So, that will be fun to get! Then we'll have to move the office stuff up to my studio so we can start to get this room ready. Wow. It's getting pretty crazy - we could pretty much have this baby anytime.

Besides that, I've been keeping busy with work at church and getting my piano studio ready to go strong again this fall. It's been crazy trying to figure out what my students should do while I'm off for 2 months with the little one/Christmas... I think I'm getting a pretty good plan formulated though.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yeah! I'm anxious to hear on how cloth diapering goes for you! My husband and I have talked about cloth diapering vs. other for when we have children, and we are all for cloth, just not sure the time,laundry, commitment of those that help watch the kids...anyhow. I'm excited for you all!

Ms. Tee said...

What a sweet picture you have on your profile! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Sarah said...

Amy,

What type of cloth diapers are you getting? I'm interested to see how the BumGenius 3.0 works out.

http://www.bumgenius.com/one-size.php