Saturday, May 24, 2008

And Life Goes On...

Well, today is the day for Elias' memorial service. Due to quite a few circumstances, we weren't able to go up to MN for the service. I'm not very happy about the decision, but it's one we had to make. So, I'm sitting at home praying for Anna and hoping it's a beautiful time starting here in a few minutes.

I had my 16 week appointment on Thursday. We met with the Physicians Assistant this month and just loved her! I told her about Anna and my added pregnancy concerns now. She offered to do an extra cervical exam for me right then and there and to also have them do a cervical ultrasound next month - just to ease my mind. I was very grateful. Everything looks fine. The baby's heartbeat is now at about 155. It sounds like it's a mover because she kept getting little catches of the heartbeat and then it would move...

I'm very nervous for the next months and then becoming a mom. It's just full of so much unknown - will we be good parents, will we enjoy parenthood, will labor stink, will our baby be healthy... The list could go on and on forever it seems.

So, that's where we are this blustery May morning... Continuing on and still remembering this past week.

1 comment:

ltwnstd said...

Sometimes we just have to go with the flow and let God lead us. We don't always have the answers (there just gets to be too many questions!), but we KNOW that God is sovereign and He never leaves us. He's always there to hold us. lead, guide, provide wisdom and strength just when we need it.