Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Voicing my Frustration

Since I can't seem to get anyone to understand my frustration at Verizon Wireless... I thought I'd bring it here and see what ya'll can come up with!

My Verizon cell phone is eligible for a renewal/upgrade.

My old phone is starting to really lose reception in our house, so we thought it was time for a new phone.

We found out yesterday that there are no phones that are actual upgrades available to us unless we take on an additional $9.99 a month data plan.

Now here's my issue:

1) We earned a new phone, but can't get anything equal to or better than we have if we're unwilling to purchase a data plan

2) A data plan is only an ala carte addition, NOT part of a regular monthly plan

Doesn't this seem a little skewed?

We earned it

We can't use it unless we add more service to our plan

We can't even upgrade our plan to include data - we have to ADD something EXTRA...

UGH.

3 comments:

Beth said...

And this is why we switched to US Cellular. :p

Alexia said...

I have a feeling I'll be moving to another cell company when Verizon finally bans me from my Alltel plan. They are more expensive and really do not have good deals on data plans (no unlimited internet card either - what the heck! We used like, 50 times more data than their biggest plan!)

Mary Shane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.