Monday, January 18, 2010

It's the Little Things in Life...

Just another reminder that really it is the little things in life that can make your day :)

First Things First - Some Background:

Last night some good friends watched Bekah for us while we went to Applebees for a date - we used a gift card and enjoyed a tasty dinner complements of the church! It was our little 27th birthday celebration for me. Nothing better than a nice Oriental Chicken Salad to light up the night :) After dinner we picked Bekah up, brought her home, put her to bed, and watched Julie & Julia - so fun! Oh, back to the actual background though, during dinner we planned out our financial plan for the year - or at least the rough draft of the financial plan of the year. We figured out how we would be able to afford a new printer ASAP as ours is pretty much dead and I use it a lot with my studio!

Since Mike didn't have to go in for the morning day - he only has to go to do his actual show at the station :) (Thank you, Martin Luther King Jr) we decided to run to Sam's Club this morning and pick up a printer! YAY. Our new HP Officejet 6500 Wireless Printer is finishing its set up process right now (with Mike at the helm of course! I stay away from these things!).

Now, the little thing that made my day...

We were walking through the store checking for anything else we might need and as we walked past the bread aisle I noticed that they had our favorite bread in stock again! It's been a few months without it which has been incredibly disappointing! So, when I saw it I exclaimed "Honey, bread is on the list and this is our favorite kind and they've got it in stock again and I'm so happy!!!".

Here's the best part...

An elderly gentleman was walking past, he smiled and said "It's always nice to have something go your way"

Ahh...

It's the Little Things in Life

PS - I've never been known for my short story telling skills... Ask Mike, Albert, Anna, Krista, Emily, Christen, or anyone else...

1 comment:

Emily said...

It's more like roundabout story skills, not long ones. ;) There's always 3 stories going on at once. ;) Love ya, girl.