Thursday, January 21, 2010

For Girls Only!!

Well, if you're a guy and you're reading this... proceed at your own risk!

Since my pregnancy I have leaned that the female anatomy is not only amazing, it can also be down right annoying...

I had no idea that I could (and would) get my period back before I was done nursing.
I had no idea that my period could (and would) get worse post childbearing.
I had no idea that it would (it is) ever be possible to have my cramps intensify simply by using a tampon.
I had no idea that possibly (and most likely) my period would sometimes be ridiculously easy and then the next month (or day) hit me like a ton of bricks.
I never even imagined that PMS could (and always would) become a monthly nightmare of stomach aches, headaches, and crabbiness.

This, my friends, is why I need to get into my yearly OB appointment.

This is why I need to stop procrastinating and re-schedule the thing.

This is why blizzards can be annoying - because they close down the clinic on the day I actually had an appointment scheduled for (an appointment I scheduled while in the depths of painful despair I might add).

This is also why I am excited about a giveaway I found over at Organic Girl Giveaways. They're giving away a Diva Cup. Yup, I think it's maybe a little weird (but then again, I do cloth diaper - is this that different?!). Yup, I think it might be tough to get used to. But, yup, I have a friend who has similar period woes and LOVES hers.

So, on that note, I've just earned myself an extra 4 entries for my very own Diva Cup.

I'll keep you posted on the not so pretty details... In case you're interested :)

No comments: