Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Little Things

Diamonds are a girl's best friend, right?!

Well, after approximately 7 months of living on my dresser, on a necklace, or in our coffee table drawer, my wedding ring set is back on my finger :) I'm not sure HOW I got it on last night, but it's on and will be there for a while.

I didn't realize how much having a baby would change my body - yes, I know everyone tells you about this, but I didn't know how it would affect me... Well, the hips/backside/legs never seemed to grow that much and are back to their original state. However, my already poochy tummy is even poochier and still stretchmarked... I have been feeling a bit frumpy and just, well, blah about the whole thing, but I've been encouraged now that the ring fits and for the first time ever since owning this belt I've got it on the 4th notch instead of the 3rd!!! I know before B I was bigger than I wanted to be, but I'm now well on the way to actually being smaller!! To celebrate, Mike and I went shopping today to get preliminary ideas on a dress for me for his sister's wedding this coming August. :) Inspired to get rid of the last 20 or so!! Hurray.

So, that my friends is what a little thing like a few diamonds set beautifully in white gold can do to a girl :)
The first picture of "the ring" 11/9/05

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Breastfeeding is a wonderful help to loose that baby weight - I learned just how much it was helping when I stopped breastfeeding - not ok to eat everything I want anymore!

Chelsea said...

You go girl!! I never knew how much I loved my ring until I couldn't wear it anymore! I couldn't wait to get back into my diamond ring and "pointy boots"! Ha! Just wanted to let you know our addy to our new blog! it's http://www.princessonthefarm.blogspot.com! I love reading yours! It's fun to stay updated on the latest B news! :)