Saturday, April 26, 2008

Baby Update

Well, yesterday confirmed it - we really are pregnant :) The little heart is beating away at 160 bpm! It's already a hyper little one. Heaven help us!

The appointment went well - it was my first time inside the clinic (I've been on the phone numerous times). It's very nice - everyone was kind and quick! We were done in one hour flat - that even includes 10 minutes at the lab!

My old instructions were to start walking and to not eat fast food. I can do walking. But NO fast food? I don't know about that one.

I visited with a pregnant friend - we have the same pregnancy philosophy - don't be stupid, be healthy, think about what you're doing, and it will be fine. No need to be so concerned with every little thing that COULD be done - that's just much too stressful. I know many won't agree with this, but in the end it's probably best for our baby :)

Off to a beautifully sunny and FREEZING cold Saturday. I don't think we'll get that garden in today :(

1 comment:

Jen D said...

Congrats on your first OB appointment! I know they don't seem to do much at that first one, but it is still fun! And, I remember for Ben it was especially neat for him to be able to hear the heartbeat...he said it made everything feel a lot more real. (Like me being sick for the past 12 weeks didn't do that too?!? haha!)